How to Apply for PAN card in Coimbatore Online Method, links and detail Information.
What is Pan Card
PAN Card is a 10 digit alpha-numeric permanent number that is issued by the Income Tax Department under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961 under the Supervision of the Central Board for Direct Taxes (CBDT). It is a unique identification number which performs as an identity proof.
A PAN card is a document that no taxpayer can do without. Besides being compulsory in order to file your Income Tax returns and to receive a tax refund, a PAN card also serves an accepted proof of identity and has now been made mandatory for a number of transactions of both a business as well as a personal nature.
PAN card also serves an accepted proof of identity and has now been made mandatory for a number of transactions of both a business as well as a personal nature.
Apply For PAN Card in Coimbatore
Income Tax Department has authorized UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL) and National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) to set-up and manage PAN Service Centers.
Basically, there are two ways to apply for pan card. The applicant can apply online for pan card through the popular online pan card application process or alternatively, the offline mode of PAN card application may also be used in Coimbatore. In the following sections, we will discuss both the methods to apply for Pan Card.
Online Pan Card Application Process
Online PAN application is a simple and hassle-free process. The Income Tax Department of India has authorized NSDL and UTIITSL, two primary agencies for issuing PAN card in the country. Here are the official portals of NSDL and UTIITSL agencies, Where you can apply for Pan Card in Coimbatore, First is TIN NSDL and second is UTIISL.
- Visit any one portal and select the ‘New PAN’ option
- Select Form 49A for Indian citizens (including NRE/NRI/OCI individuals)
- Fill in the details in the online form, mentioning details such as your full name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, income details etc.
- On filling the form, submit it and Go to the mode of Payment and charges for applying for PAN is Rs. 107 for Indian.
- Print the page with the 15 digit acknowledgment and sign in the space provided.
- Affix passport sized photographs on the acknowledgment, proof of identity and proof of address documents and Demand Draft (if you are paying through DD).
- The above details are to be sent to the NSDL office by post within 15 days of submitting the online application.
- And then PAN card will be sent to the given address within a period of 15 working days.
Offline PAN Card Application Process
Application for the PAN Card can also be done offline at any district-level PAN agency. The relevant PAN form is available at such agencies which should be filled out by the applicant and submitted along with all the supporting documents which are required for such applications.
- Download the PAN card application form from the NSDL or UTIISL websites or collect a copy from UTIISL agents.
- Or https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/pan/#one (Find Download Blank Form Link)
- Fill in the form and attach supporting documents (proof of identity, address, and photographs)
- Submit the form and documents to the NSDL office along with the processing fee.
- You can find the nearest PAN center in Coimbatore with the help of this link:- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tin-pan-center.html
- The PAN card will be sent to the address mentioned in the form within 15-20 working days.
Types of PAN Card
PAN Card for Individuals, Non-Resident Individuals or Persons of Indian Origin(Form 49A)
Form 49A is the PAN Card Application form for all Indian citizens, whether they are residents of India or not. NRI (Non-Resident Indians) can also apply for a PAN card using this form.
PAN Card for foreign entities paying tax in India
Firms or corporations which are registered outside India but pay tax in India by virtue of their business operations conducted in India can also avail a PAN Card. They would have to fill and submit Form 49AA as part of the PAN card application process.
PAN Card for Indian Companies
Firms and corporate entities registered as well as working in India can also apply for a PAN Card for their financial and tax-related transactions.
PAN Card for OCI and NRE
Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Entities can also apply for a PAN Card. The relevant form which should be filled out by them when applying for the PAN card is Form 49AA.
Documents Required for a PAN Card
While availing a PAN Card, some key documents are also required to be submitted along with the PAN Card application form (Form 49A or Form 49AA) or the acknowledgement form (if applying online) for PAN card verification process.
You can download the document list of pan card in pdf form from the given link –
- TIN NSDL Pan Online Portal- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/documents-required.html
- UTIITSL Pan Online Portal- https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/forms/DocumentsForPAN.pdf
PAN Card Online Status Check in Coimbatore
The PAN Card application status can be tracked where the PAN status shows whether the card has been issued or not or if it is currently in transit. The applicant can check PAN Card status here:-
- TIN NSDL Pan Status Check – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- UTIITSL Pan Status Check- http://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should apply for PAN card?
- Who should apply for change or correction in PAN card details?
- Who should apply for a duplicate PAN card?
- How long does it take to get a PAN card now?
- How to apply for new PAN card?
- How to Apply for duplicate PAN card?
Tags: coimbatore pan card pan card coimbatore pan application coimbatore tamil nadu, nsdl pan card office in coimbatore, pan card agents in coimbatore, pan card office in gandhipuram, pan card service in coimbatore coimbatore tamil nadu, pan card service in coimbatore coimbatore tamil nadu 641004, pancard and passport service in coimbatore coimbatore tamil nadu, uti infrastructure technology and services ltd coimbatore tamil nadu