About Pan Card & How to Apply for PAN card in Ludhiana (Punjab) Online Method, links and detail Information.
PAN is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department. PAN is issued in the form of a laminated plastic card as given below (commonly known as PAN card). It also serves as an identity proof. The PAN system of identification is a computer-based system that assigns a unique identification number to every Indian taxpaying entity.
PAN enables the department to identify/ link all transactions of the PAN holder with the department. With the help of this method, all tax related information for a person is recorded against a single PAN number which acts as the primary key for storage of information.
Apply For PAN Card in Ludhiana
UTIITSL and NSDL have established PAN Service Centers and TIN Facilitation Centers at various places in major cities of India (hereinafter referred to as PAN application centers of UTIITSL/NSDL). The applicants can apply for pan card online through the popular online pan card application process or alternately, the offline mode of PAN card application may also be used in Ludhiana. In the following sections we will discuss both the methods to apply for Pan Card.
Online Pan Card Application Process
The Government of India now lets you apply for PAN card online so that you can save time as well as avoid Agents. There are two Official PAN CARD Websites Where you can apply for Pan Card in Ludhiana, First is TIN NSDL and second is UTIISL .
- Visit above any one website and select the ‘New PAN’ option
- Select Form 49A for Indian citizens (including NRE/NRI/OCI individuals)
- Fill all the details in the online form, mentioning details such as your full name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, income details etc.
- After filling the form, submit it and pay the processing fee
- Take the print of the page with the 15 digit acknowledgement and sign in the space provided.
- Affix passport sized photographs on the acknowledgement, proof of identity and proof of address documents and Demand Draft (if you are paying through DD).
- The above details are to be sent to the NSDL office by post within 15 days of submitting the online application.
- And then PAN card will be sent to the given address within a period of 15 working days.
Offline PAN Card Application Process
The offline process is little bit lengthy yet it is very safe than online process, below are the procedure that you need to know in order to apply for pan card offline.
- Download the PAN card application form from the NSDL here- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/downloads-pan.html
- And from UTIISL websites here- https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/pan/#one (Find Download Blank Form Link)
- Provide your details in form and attach supporting documents (proof of identity, address and photographs)
- And submit the form and documents to the NSDL office along with the processing fee.
- You can find the nearest PAN centre in Ludhiana with the help of this link:- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tin-pan-center.html
- The PAN card will be sent to the address mentioned in the form within 15 working days.
Types of PAN Card
PAN Card for Individuals, Non-Resident Individuals or Persons of Indian Origin
This is the most common variant of the PAN Card that is issued to individuals. This card is applied through Form 49A available online through the NSDL and UTIITSL websites. Individuals include any Indian resident, minors and students are also eligible for a PAN card. PAN Card for NRIs and PIOs can avail a PAN Card for the purpose of taxation in India. They too would have to submit Form 49A for availing this card.
PAN Card for Indian Companies
Firms and corporate entities registered as well as working in India can also apply for a PAN Card for their financial and tax-related transactions.
PAN Card for OCI and NRE
Overseas Citizens of India and Non Resident Entities can also apply for a PAN Card. The relevant form which should be filled out by them when applying for the PAN card is Form 49AA.
PAN Card for foreign entities paying tax in India
Firms or corporate which are registered outside India but pay tax in India by virtue of their business operations conducted in India can also avail a PAN Card. They would have to fill and submit Form 49AA as part of the PAN card application process.
Documents Required for a PAN Card
Certain basic documents for proof of address and identity proof are required to be furnished by the PAN applicant. Below are the two websites where you can find the list of documents required for your Pan Card.
- TIN NSDL Pan Online Portal- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/documents-required.html
- UTIITSL Pan Online Portal- https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/forms/DocumentsForPAN.pdf
PAN Card Online Status Check in Ludhiana
You can track PAN Card status online after you have applied for it. The PAN Card application status can be tracked where the PAN status shows whether the card has been issued or not or if it is currently in transit. The applicant can check PAN Card status here:-
- TIN NSDL Pan Status Check – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- UTIITSL Pan Status Check- http://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should apply PAN card?
- Who should apply for change or correction in PAN card details?
- Who should apply for a duplicate PAN card?
- How long does it take to get a PAN card now?
- How to apply new PAN card?
- How to Apply duplicate PAN card?
Tags: nsdl pan card office in ludhiana, pan card agents in ludhiana, pan card apply online, pan card customer care toll free number, pan card office in ludhiana contact number, uti infrastructure technology and services limited ludhiana punjab, uti pan card customer care, uti pan card office ludhiana