What is Pan Card & How to Apply for PAN card in Madurai Online Method, links and detail Information?
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued in the form of a laminated card, by an Assessing Officer of the Income Tax Department. A typical PAN is like, AFRPP1595D. It is a computer-based system that assigns a unique identification number to every Indian taxpaying person. All the information of a person is recorded against a single PAN number.
It is being compulsory in order to file your Income Tax returns and to receive a tax refund; a PAN card also serves an accepted proof of identity and has now been made mandatory for a number of transactions of both a business as well as a personal nature.
Apply For PAN Card in Madurai
You can apply for PAN Card online by NSDL as well as through the UTIISL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) website or by applying at any of the district level PAN agencies.
In the following sections, we will discuss both the methods to apply for Pan Card.
Online Pan Card Application Process
The online process for applying a pan card is very easy, efficient and time-saving process. Here are the official portals of pan card, where you can apply for Pan Card in Madurai, First is TIN NSDL and second is UTIISL.
- Go to any one website and select the ‘New PAN’ option
- Select Form 49A for Indian citizens (including NRE/NRI/OCI individuals)
- Enter all the required details in the online form, mentioning details such as your full name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, income details etc.
- On filling the form, submit it and pay the processing fee
- Print the page with the 15 digit acknowledgment and sign in the space provided.
- Affix passport sized photographs on the acknowledgment, proof of identity and proof of address documents and Demand Draft (if you are paying through DD).
- The above details are to be sent to the NSDL office by post within 15 days of submitting the online application.
- And then PAN card will be sent to the given address within a period of 15 working days.
Offline PAN Card Application Process
The offline process is time-consuming but still, a secure process, go through all the steps below in order to apply for pan card offline.
- Download the PAN card application form from the NSDL here- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/downloads-pan.html
- And from UTIISL websites here- https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/pan/#one (Find Download Blank Form Link)
- Fill in the form and attach supporting documents (proof of identity, address, and photographs)
- Submit the form and documents to the NSDL office along with the processing fee.
- You can find the nearest PAN center in Madurai with the help of this link:- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tin-pan-center.html
- The PAN card will be sent to the address mentioned in the form within 15 working days.
Types of PAN Card
The Income-tax Department has mandated that all tax paying entities register and possess a PAN card.
PAN Card for Individuals, Non-Resident Individuals or Persons of Indian Origin
One of the most common types of the PAN Card that is issued to individuals. This card is applied through Form 49A available online through the NSDL and UTIITSL websites. Individuals include any Indian resident, minors, and students are also eligible for a PAN card. PAN Card for NRIs and PIOs can avail a PAN Card for the purpose of taxation in India. They too would have to submit Form 49A for availing this card.
PAN Card for Indian Companies
Firms and corporate entities registered as well as working in India can also apply for a PAN Card for their financial and tax-related transactions.
PAN Card for foreign entities paying tax in India
Firms or corporations which are registered outside India but pay tax in India by virtue of their business operations conducted in India can also avail a PAN Card. They would have to fill and submit Form 49AA as part of the PAN card application process.
PAN Card for OCI and NRE
Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Entities can also apply for a PAN Card. The relevant form which should be filled out by them when applying for the PAN card is Form 49AA.
Documents Required for a PAN Card
Following are the list of the documents which are required. You can download the document pdf format from the given links –
- TIN NSDL Pan Online Portal- https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/documents-required.html
- UTIITSL Pan Online Portal- https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/forms/DocumentsForPAN.pdf
PAN Card Online Status Check in Madurai
The PAN Card application status can be tracked where the PAN status shows whether the card has been issued or not or if it is currently in transit. The applicant can check PAN Card status here:-
- TIN NSDL Pan Status Check – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- UTIITSL Pan Status Check – http://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should apply for PAN card?
- Who should apply for change or correction in PAN card details?
- Who should apply for a duplicate PAN card?
- How long does it take to get a PAN card now?
- How to apply for new PAN card?
- How to Apply for duplicate PAN card?
Tags: madurai pan card office number, nsdl office in madurai, pan card agent in madurai madurai tamil nadu 625001, pan card application madurai, pan card office madurai contact number, uti infrastructure technology madurai tamil nadu, uti office address in madurai, uti pan service center madurai tamil nadu 625017