Voter Id works as the permanent Identity proof for every citizen and for creating any kind of official work purposes, without voter Id card even a Sim card registry will not be done for getting mobile networks in India. It is also known as Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC). It was first introduced in 1993 during the tenure of the former Chief Election Commissioner TN Seshan.
A Voter ID card is one of the most important documents for ID proof, age proof, and address proof. Without a Voter ID, individuals will not be allowed to cast their votes at the elections, making it essential for all Indian citizens to avail a Voter ID card.
The Indian voter ID card is an identity document issued by the Election Commission of India which primarily serves as an identity proof for Indian citizens while casting votes in the country’s municipal, state, and national elections.
To make the Voter Id card, one must attain his or her 18 years of age by birth. And thus he or she is eligible for casting votes to select the government.
Apply for Voter ID Online in Ghaziabad
The Chief Electoral Officer, Ghaziabad, is responsible for the approval / denial of the application for Voter IDs in Ghaziabad. Following are the steps through which you can apply for a Voter ID in Ghaziabad:
- The official Chief Electoral Officer website of Ghaziabad- http://www.ceouttarpradesh.nic.in/Default.aspx
- Visit the link- http://www.nvsp.in/
- Click on the Link “Online Voter Registration”
- Search for Form 6 and enter the necessary details before choosing the ‘Submit’ option.
How to Fill Up Form 6 during Voter ID Application
- In case your name has never appeared in the electoral roll, you will have to select the option which says “As a first-time voter”.
- Select the Assembly Constituency to which you belong.
- Choose your relatives who have already been enrolled in the list.
- In case any family member has not been included in the list, you will have to add their name in the space provided and ensure that all details are filled in accurately.
- After filling up the form completely, you will have to upload your photo and the site will then display all the information you have provided along with your photo.
After filling up the form, make sure that you take a print out and send the same to the nearest Election Commission Office as the officers are required to fill up Section 2 of the form before they can post it back to your residential address.
Apply for Voter ID Offline in Ghaziabad
Individuals who wish to take the offline route to apply for a Voter ID in Ghaziabad have the option to do so by following these simple steps:
- Download the appropriate application form from the following link- http://www.ceouttarpradesh.nic.in/_VoterForms_eng.aspx
- Form 6 – Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll after the draft publication of roll.
- About Form 7 – Application form for objection to including a name in electoral roll.
- Form 8 – Application form for correction of details in the electoral roll.
- Form 8 A – Application form for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll.
- Complete the requested KYC documents when furnishing Form 6.
- Visit your nearest Electoral Registration Office in Ghaziabad and physically submit the documents.
- If the documents you have submitted are approved and verified, the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your residence to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided in the form.
Documents required for Voter ID card registration in Ghaziabad – Following is a list of documents to be submitted when applying for a Voter ID in Ghaziabad:
List of age proof document(Any one of the following)
- Birth certificate
- Marksheet of class 10 if it contains date of birth as a proof of date of birth
- Required Marksheet of class 8 if it contains date of birth
- Marksheet of class 5 if it contains date of birth
- Indian Passport
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
List of residence proof document(Any one of the following)
- Bank / Kisan / Post Office current Pass Book
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Latest rent agreement
- Latest Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill for that address
Track Voter ID Card Status Online in Ghaziabad
Once you have filled in the application and submitted it, you can track the status online at the Ghaziabad Electoral Commission’s website. Following are the steps through which you can track your Voter ID’s status online:
- Visit the official Chief Electoral Officer website of Ghaziabad Track Portal – http://www.nvsp.in/forms/forms/trackstatus
- The status of your application can now be tracked using your mobile number or the application number(reference id).
- If your application has been approved and verified, the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your residence to verify the accuracy of information you have provided, after which you will receive your Voter ID.
Tags: duplicate voter id card ghaziabad, election commission office in indirapuram ghaziabad, ghaziabad voter list 2017, ghaziabad voter list search engine, voter id card ghaziabad, voter id card ghaziabad list, voter id card ghaziabad online application, voter id card office in ghaziabad address