A Voter ID card is one of the most important documents for ID proof, age proof and address proof. Without a Voter ID, individuals will not be allowed to cast their votes at the elections, making it essential for all Indian citizens to avail a Voter ID card.
To make the Voter Id card, one must attain his or her 18 year of age by birth. And thus he or she is eligible for casting votes to select the government.
Voter Id works as the permanent Identity proof for every citizen and for creating any kind of official work purposes, without voter Id card even a Sim card registry will not be done for getting mobile networks in India.
The Indian voter ID card is an identity document issued by the Election Commission of India which primarily serves as an identity proof for Indian citizens while casting votes in the country’s municipal, state, and national elections.
Apply for Voter ID Online in Ludhiana
The Chief Electoral Officer, Ludhiana, is responsible for the approval / denial of the application for Voter IDs in Ludhiana. Following are the steps through which you can apply for a Voter ID in Ludhiana:
- The official Chief Electoral Officer website of Ludhiana- http://ceopunjab.nic.in/english/11-LudhianaEng.aspx
- Visit the link- http://www.nvsp.in/
- Click on the Link “Online Voter Registration”
- Search for Form 6 and enter the necessary details before choosing the ‘Submit’ option.
How to Fill Up Form 6 during Voter ID Application
- In case your name has never appeared in the electoral roll, you will have to select the option which says “As a first time voter”.
- Select the Assembly Constituency to which you belong.
- Choose your relatives who have already been enrolled in the list.
- In case any family member has not been included in the list, you will have to add their name in the space provided and ensure that all details are filled in accurately.
- After filling up the form completely, you will have to upload your photo and the site will then display all the information you have provided along with your photo.
After filling up the form, make sure that you take a print out and send the same to the nearest Election Commission Office as the officers are required to fill up Section 2 of the form before they can post it back to your residential address.
Apply for Voter ID Offline in Ludhiana
Individuals who wish to take the offline route to apply for a Voter ID in Ludhiana have the option to do so by following these simple steps:
- Download the appropriate application form from the following link- http://ceopunjab.nic.in/english/forms.aspx
- Form 6 – Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll after the draft publication of roll.
- About Form 7 – Application form for objection to include a name in electoral roll.
- Form 8 – Application form for correction of details in electoral roll.
- About Form 8 A – Application form for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll.
- Complete the requested KYC documents when furnishing Form 6.
- Visit your nearest Electoral Registration Office in Ludhiana and physically submit the documents.
- If the documents you have submitted are approved and verified, the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your residence to verify the accuracy of information you have provided in the form.
Documents required for Voter ID card registration Ludhiana – Following is a list of documents to be submitted when applying for a Voter ID in Ludhiana:
List of age proof document(Any one of the following)
- Birth certificate
- Marksheet of class 10 if it contains date of birth as a proof of date of birth
- Required Marksheet of class 8 if it contains date of birth
- Marksheet of class 5 if it contains date of birth
- Indian Passport
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
List of residence proof document(Any one of the following)
- Bank / Kisan / Post Office current Pass Book
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Latest rent agreement
- Latest Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill for that address
Track Voter ID Card Status Online in Ludhiana
Once you have filled in the application and submitted it, you can track the status online at the Ludhiana Electoral Commission’s website. Following are the steps through which you can track your Voter ID’s status online:
- Visit the official Chief Electoral Officer website of Ludhiana Track Portal – http://www.nvsp.in/forms/forms/trackstatus
- The status of your application can now be tracked using your mobile number or the application number(reference id).
- If your application has been approved and verified, the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your residence to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided, after which you will receive your Voter ID.
Tags: blo list ludhiana, blo list ludhiana east, blo list ludhiana west, ceopunjab.nic.in voter list 2017 in english, district wise voter list up, online check punjab voter card, voter card punjab online apply, voter list ludhiana