What is Chhath?
Chhath is an ancient Hindu Vedic festival historically native to the Madhesh province and Mithila region of Nepal and Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh states of India.
Why Chhath Puja Celebrated?
The Chhath Puja is dedicated to the Sun and his wife Usha in order to thank them for bestowing the bounties of life on earth and to request the granting of certain wishes.
Date of Festival?
Chhath puja is performed on Kartika Shukla Shashthi, which is the sixth day of the month of Kartika in the Vikram Samvat. This falls typically in the month of October or November in the Gregorian.
Sun worship or Chhath worship ritual
- Wake up early on this day and take a bath in a lake, pond or river near your house.
- After bathing, worship the sun during the sunrise while standing on the banks of the river.
- Burn the lamp of pure ghee and offer sun and flowers to the sun.
- Offer water to seven types of flowers, rice, sandalwood, sesame, etc. to the sun.
- Saying “Om Suryaya Namah” 108 times, praying bent over.
- You can continue chanting Lord Sun’s name throughout the day.
- Feed the Brahmins and the poor, According to your strength.
- You can also donate clothes, food, grains etc. to priests or poor people.
The festival celebrated for 4 days, see what happened in these days:-
- On the first day of this festival the house is cleaned and pure vegetarian food.
- The second day is the program of Kharana,
- On the third day, we gives Arbitrate to Lord Sun on evening
- On the fourth day devotees give morn arbitrate to the rising sun. It is believed that if anybody makes this Mahavrat devotefully, then the person gets freedom from all kinds of sorrows and sins. The chhath puja will be celebrated in 2018 on 13 Nov 2018 on Tuesday.
Tags: chhat puja samagri, chhath puja katha in hindi mp3, chhath puja kharna vidhi in hindi, chhath puja vidhi 2017, chhath puja vidhi aur samagri, chhath puja vidhi in hindi 2017, chhath puja vidhi video, importance of chhath puja in hindi