When you’re using a laptop, sometimes you have encountered several troubles with your laptop keyboard. While this can be a hassle, particularly when you have work due, there are a few things you can try yourself to get back to the job at hand.
If your laptop keyboard keys stopped working suddenly then you can try few tips we are explaining here:-
- Check USB Port:- In case the keyboard doesn’t do the job, make sure that its plug is correctly inserted in the USB Port.
- Restart Laptop:- We start from the very basic, As you all know that restart your problem can resolved several problems. So first, you need to Restart your laptop and then check your keyboard working or not if not then go to step 3.
- Check Drivers:- Several times your keyboard drivers can also create this problem. You need to check your drivers are up to date or not. If not, then update drivers first. Follow the steps below to update your keyboard drivers:-
- Right click on your “My computer” Icon on your desktop.
- Now, Click on Properties option.
- Click on the “Device Manager” under the Control Panel Home Tab which will on the right side of the window.
- Now, Double click on keyboard option in the Device Manager window.
- Right Click on Standard PS/2 keyboard option.
- Click on “Update Driver Software”.
- Now, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- This process will install the laters version of your keyboard driver.
- Now Restart your laptop and again check for keyboard is working or not.
- Check For Virus:- It’s possible that your keyboard is the victim of a virus. Run a virus scan by using the best antivirus for your Laptop.
- Keyboard is Defective:- At last if none of the above steps are working then may be your keyboard is defective, if your keyboard is in warranty period, then try your laptop manufacturer tech support line or visit your nearest keyboard service depot.
If your keyboard is really old and giving problems very frequently, you might need to obtain a new one in a few dollars rather than attempting to repair it. We hope, the above steps will work for you, Thank you
Tags: how to fix a laptop keyboard key, how to fix a laptop keyboard key that fell off, how to fix laptop keyboard types wrong characters, how to fix laptop keyboard water damage, how to repair laptop keyboard keys not working, laptop keyboard repair cost, some keys not working on laptop dell, some keys not working on laptop hp