About Padmaavat Movie
Padmaavat that was initially known as Padmavati, is a 2018 Indian epic period drama film which was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. It is based on the epic poem Padmavat (1540) by Malik Muhammad Jayasi, the film narrates the story of Padmavati, a Rajput queen who committed jauhar (self-immolation) to protect herself from Khilji.
Controversies Faced By Padmaavat Movie
With a production budget of ₹215 Crore (US$34 million), Padmaavat is the most expensive Hindi film and one of the most expensive Indian films ever made. Initially scheduled for release on 1 December 2017, Padmavaat faced numerous controversies.
The film became controversial during production. There were allegations from groups such as the Shri Rajput Karni Sena, a Rajput caste organisation, claiming that the film depicts factual inaccuracies, portraying/draft the Rajput queen Padmavati in a bad light, with activists vandalising/riot the sets of the film.
But by the sting operation conducted by an Indian news channel showed that the activists had planted the controversies in order to extort money from the filmmakers.
But in December, the Central Board of Film Certification approved the film with five modifications, which includes the addition of multiple disclaimers and a change in title. Padmaavati was re-scheduled for release on 25 January 2018 with new name Padmaavat in 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D formats, making it the first Indian film to be released in IMAX 3D.
Padmaavat Movie Cast
- Deepika Padukone as Padmavati – a 13th-14th century legendary Rajput queen
- Shahid Kapoor as Ratan Singh – the last Rajput ruler of the Guhila dynasty that ruled the kingdom of Mewar
- Ranveer Singh as Alauddin Khilji – the ruler of the Delhi Sultanate
- Aditi Rao Hydari as Mehrunisa – first wife of Alauddin Khilji
- Jim Sarbh as Malik Kafur
- Raza Murad as Jalaluddin Khilji
- Anupriya Goenka as Nagmati
Padmaavat Box Office Collection
Padmaavat has been going strong at the box office, but only time will tell if it manages to keep all the money in its pocket after Akshay Kumar starrer PadMan hits theaters on February 9.
Padmaavat was released on January 25 and now with a smooth 10-day run at Box Office, the collection of period drama is Rs 192.50 Crore till now. Let’s take a look of all day box office collection.
- Saturday, February 3 – 16 Crore
- Friday, February 2 – 10 Crore
- Thursday, February 1 – 11 Crore
- Wednesday, January 31 – 12.5 Crore
- Tuesday, January 30 – 14 Crore
- Monday, January 29 – 15 Crore
- Sunday, January 28 – 31 Crore
- Saturday, January 27 – 27 Crore
- Friday, January 26 – 32 Crore
- Thursday, January 25 – 19 Crore
- Wednesday, January 24 (Paid Previews) – 5 Crore
Current Total – 192.5 Crore
Padmaavat would’ve comfortably crossed Rs. 200 crore in its extended weeks.